- PBS KIDS Online Resources
- Arthur: Games, activities and resources for children ages 4-8. Also includes sections for parents and educators.
- Backyard Jungle — Science games, environmental education and more for kids.
- Don’t Buy It — Media literacy for young people; includes activities on advertising tricks, buying smart and product packaging.
- EekoWorld — Helps children ages 6-9 learn about the role they can play in taking care of the earth. Includes interactive games (EekoCreature and EekoHouse), a forum where kids can post ideas and more.
- ZOOM: Includes activities from the TV show using reused and recycled materials.
- Other Online Resources
- EcoKids Online, Canada — Earth Day Canada’s environmental education program for youth who care about the planet includes games, an environmental forum with responses from all over the world, and resources for teachers and parents.
- Earth Day Word Search (PDF download)
- Jungle Jumble (PDF download)
- MECCA (Materials Exchange Center for Community Arts) — Resources include a recycled art supply store and community art workshops. Located in Eugene.
- Portland Children’s Museum — Exhibits include The Garage, a year-round studio stocked with reusable SCRAP materials and tools to create and build.
- Schoolhouse Supplies — Collects new and used supplies to stock a unique store for Portland Public School teachers where everything is free.
- SCRAP (School and Community Reuse Action Project) — A creative reuse center for everyone. Located in Portland.
The links below will open a new window and show the availability of that title at Powell’s.com. Funds from purchases made through these links help support OPB.
- Be a Friend to Trees by Patricia Lauber
- Beautiful Stuff! Learning with Found Materials by Cathy Weisman Topal and Lella Gandini
- Brother Eagle, Sister Sky by Susan Jeffers
- Endangered Planet by David Burnie
- Dear Children of the Earth: A Letter from Home by Schim Schimmel
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- Rainy Day Projects for Kids by Petra Boase
- Recycled Crafts Box by Laura C. Martin
- A River Ran Wild by Lynne Cherry
- The Waterfall’s Gift by Joanne Ryder
- Where Does the Garbage Go? by Paul Showers
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
- Will We Miss Them? Endangered Species by Alexandra Wright