Producing for OPB: Local TV Production
Producing local programs that connect OPB viewers with their community is a key part of our mission as a public broadcaster. OPB’s local productions provide a point of discussion where citizens can come together to learn about each other and the world we share.
Whether it's a new artist featured on Oregon Art Beat, exploring new strategies to address invasive species on Oregon Field Guide, or a look back at the people and events that have shaped our state on Oregon Experience, OPB's local producers are committed to bringing you programs that are fact-based, insightful and representative of a variety of perspectives.
Would You Like to Produce TV Programs for OPB?
OPB works with well-qualified producers who bring us TV programs and program ideas that are fundable.
- If you have a completed program:
If you have completed a TV program you would like OPB to consider for broadcast, please mail a copy to:
Oregon Public Broadcasting
Attn: Director of TV Programming
7140 SW Macadam Avenue
Portland OR 97219
The Director of TV Programming will review your program and contact you if OPB would like to air your show.
- If you have a fundable program idea:
Experienced producers are invited to submit their fundable project ideas to OPB for possible development either as 1) an OPB-owned production or 2) a project owned by an independent producer.
- Option 1:
- You would like OPB to produce your project. OPB will assist with fundraising, maintain editorial and creative control, and own the final production. Depending on your experience, you may play a role in the production process.
- Option 2:
- You would like to produce and own your own project, and are seeking advice from OPB on project direction and broadcast opportunities. If you select this option, you will have the advantage of maintaining full ownership of your production and you may have fewer restrictions as to which funders you approach for financial support. (Note: OPB may provide advice but, by FCC regulation, we cannot commit in advance to air a program that we do not editorially control. After seeing the finished program, OPB's Director of TV Programming will decide if and when the program will air.)
- In either case, please send your idea by email to David Davis, VP TV Production, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you would like to be part of Oregon Lens:
- Every August, OPB airs a series of films produced by Oregon-based independent producers, including productions of varying lengths and genres. Animation, scripted shorts, documentaries and experimental films will be considered. If you are interested in submitting your production for broadcast as part of Oregon Lens, contact Steve Amen at email@example.com. Note: OPB does not provide a license fee for broadcasting these films, but can cover the cost of having the film closed captioned.