Storm Large Rehearsal
We profiled Storm Large several years ago on Oregon Art Beat and she seemed larger than life on stage. With her deep, resonating voice and outrageous stories, she added a unique twist to the classics and brought her personality to every song. Storm has become almost a household name in Oregon since then, appearing on the CBS show Rock Star: Supernova and performing in last yearâ€™s Portland Center Stage production of Cabaret.
Her current project, "Crazy Enough," is a Portland Center Stage production. Storm wrote and performs the one-woman show. She uses music and spoken-word to communicate the heart-wrenching and sometimes funny experiences that have impacted her life. We dropped in on a rehearsal to hear some of the music and monologues. A warning â€“ the show includes adult language and themes. Hereâ€™s a glimpse behind the scenes, and a chance to see Storm at work with director Chris Coleman.
Videographer - Michael Bendixen; Editor - Vivian Olsen; Audio - William Ward
- More Art Beat Performances
- Mary Flower "Portland Town / Ten Bridges"
- Thad Beckman
- Hanz Araki
- Midnight Serenaders
- JD Kindle & The Eastern Oregon Playboys
- Casey Neill & The Norway Rats
- Pete Krebs Trio
- Kevin Burke & Cal Scott
- Tom Russell & Thad Beckman
- Dirty Martini
- Beth Wood
- Pop Up Now!
- Portland folk group Sleepy Bell performs for OPB Member Day
- Beth Wood performing at an Art Beat celebration in Sisters.
- Swing Papillon "Press Club"
- Ed Edmo Storytelling
- Bo Reynolds at the Sisters Folk Festival
- Loch Lomond in the OPB studios
- Chamber Music Northwest
- Irish Dance Update
- Storm Large Rehearsal
- Ritz Performance
- Norman Sylvester Extra
- Gary Ogan Performance
- Myshkin & Ruby Warblers