RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
2012 conventions 2012 election 2013 session 2013 special election arts arts and culture author ballot measures basketball bomb books boy scouts budget bullying business charlie hales children clackamas climate change coal college courts crime culture culture club democrats drugs economy education environment family film fluoride food gay rights guns handguns health health care health insurance high school history housing immigration international internet kitzhaber law legislature lgbt literary arts living marijuana marriage media medicine mental health military minor parties mohamed mohamud movies music native americans news newspaper obama olympics oregon our town parenting pers photography police politcs politics port portland portland business journal president prevention public safety religion republicans rnc romney rural salem sam adams sandy hook schools science shooting sports suicide supreme court taxes technology television terrorism theater third parties transportation union university of oregon washington wildfire womensee all tags >>
- Send me an email if there is activity in this thread.
BPA Ban Goes Down... and other updates
In case you were curious about how other legislative measures that we've talked about have fared in this special session:
- The house voted to overturn the ban on religious clothing worn by teachers. The bill now goes to the senate. (Listen to our show about it here.)
- The senate voted to limit employers' abilities to conduct credit checks when vetting potential employees. Now the house will take it on. (Listen to our show here.)
- And as we mentioned last week, Sen. Mark Hass (D-Hillsboro) dropped his bill banning plastic bags at Oregon checkout counters. But it might come back in 2011.