RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
- Send me an email if there is activity in this thread.
The Fall Heard 'Round the World
As we mentioned during yesterday's Berlin Wall show, we were able to take advantage of Friday's live audience to get an international perspective on the fall of the Berlin Wall. In case you missed Friday's program, when we talked about families and money, we had a wonderful international live audience made up of foreign nationals who work for U.S. embassies around the world. It worked out quite nicely: they were interested in watching a webby radio show in action; we were eager to get a global view on the ripples of fall of the Berlin Wall.
Anyway, with four guests on yesterday's show we didn't get a chance to play all of the clips on the air, but there are no time limits online!
Have a listen to these MP3 recollections of:
- JANINA GALAS FROM POLAND
- YULIA GRIGORYEVA FROM THE EX-SOVIET UNION
- BOUBA MONGLO FROM CAMEROON
- THUC PHAM FROM VIETNAM
- DOUGLAS TOBAR FROM EL SALVADOR
- DAVID YINGRA FROM CHAD