RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
- Send me an email if there is activity in this thread.
Walgreens Drive-thru Features
Most of the last minute of the show today was spent talking about how little time we had left. (I hate it when that happens!) David Royster, the District Manager of Walgreens was about to respond to neighbor Lois Leveen's comments, when we ran out of time. She'd said earlier that the company had only made one small change based on the input from the neighbors who oppose the drive-thru.
Here's a quick list of features he says Walgreens added after hearing neighbors' input — some he says were direct suggestions, others came about as a result of dialogue.
- The first electronic car changing station at an Oregon Walgreens store
- 2,500 square feet of landscaping in the parking lot, including 400 new trees and plants
- Covered bicycle lockers for employees and customers
- Designated car pool parking
- Zone pedestrian walkways (basically sidewalks through the parking lot, like you see at Costco stores, for example)
- Speedbumps on the residential street of SE Yamhill
- A landscaped island and signs that encourage drivers exiting the drive-thru to exit onto the busy commercial street of Belmont, rather than Yamill
- A concrete wall (rather than a wooden fence) at the east end of the drive-thru to help block noise