SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
The Best Summer Music
We're convening a panel of Oregon music experts to take us through their summer favorites. The Portland bands that seem to be dominating so far are the shimmery, danceable Onuinu and the summer-vacation-without-leaving-home-sound of Pure Bathing Culture. The national act that seems to be leading the informal poll is Frank Ocean's soulful new album.
Update August 9, 2012, at 1:45 pm:
Here are the tracks we played on the show:
- King Tuff: "Anthem" from King Tuff
- Onuinu: "Happy Home" from PDX Pop Now! 2012
- Beat Connection: "Think/Feel" from The Palace Garden
- Michael Kiwanuka: "Tell Me a Tale" from Home Again
- Grandparents: "Bitches" from Word of Mouth fest Vol. 1
- The Walkmen: "Heaven" from Heaven
- Gaslight Anthem: "45" from Handwritten
- Sons of Huns: "The Wanderer" PDX Pop Now! 2012
- Pure Bathing Culture: "Lucky One" from OPB Music Session
- Frank Ocean ft. Andre 3000: "Pink Matter" from Channel Orange
- Dana Buoy: "So Lucky" from Summer Bodies
What's on your playlist? What's the soundtrack to your summer?
- Ryan White: Music Editor for The Oregonian
- Jeremy Petersen: Host of In House on opbmusic
- Annie Ostrowski: Marketing Director for PDX Pop Now!