SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Blumenauer's 40 Years of Public Service
Over 40 years in elected office, Representative Earl Blumenauer has served as:
- Oregon State Representative: 1972-1979
- Multnomah Co. Commissioner: 1979-1987
- Portland City Commissioner: 1987-1996
- U.S. Representative: 1996-present
Blumenauer represents Oregon's 3rd district, so we hit the road to explore some of the places and people in that newly redistricted area. Here's a little bit of what we saw:
Blumenauer has always won his district with a comfortable majority. No Republican challenger has won more than 30 percent of the vote in any of his bids for reelection. The 3rd district is a relatively diverse region of Oregon. It stretches from the east bank of the Willamette in Portland, to Bonneville Dam and Government Camp to the east, and Estacada to the south.
Do you live in the 3rd district? What is your experience being represented by Earl Blumenauer? What questions do you have for him?
Photo credit: John Rosman/OPB