SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Live from Feast Portland
Downtown Portland is a buzz with foodies right now. It's the inaugural Feast Portland Food Festival. Some people have criticized it for being too expenseive — tickets range from $25 to $200 per event; $650 for the week — but it nevertheless has brought in a lot of people. Many of the signature events, like the Night Market and the Oregon Bounty Grand Tasting, sold out long before the events began.
We'll find out where the idea of the event came from and what gap it's tryig to fill. And we'll chat with local and visiting chefs about Portland's cooking scene.
Are you planning to attend Feast? What do you think it will bring to the local food scene?
Editor's Note: this show is taking place live at the Feast Portland Media Lounge at the corner of Yamhill and Park in downtown Portland.
- Carrie Welch: co-founder of Feast Portland
- Andy Ricker: executive chef and owner of Pok-Pok
- Vitaly Paley: executive chef and owner of Paley's Place
- Chris Cosentino: chef-partner at Incanto in San Francisco
Tagged as: food
Photo credit: Sammy Brenner, OPB