SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
2012 conventions 2012 election 2013 session 2013 special election arts arts and culture author ballot measures basketball bomb books boy scouts budget bullying business charlie hales children clackamas climate change coal college courts crime culture culture club democrats drugs economy education environment family film fluoride food gay rights guns handguns health health care health insurance high school history housing immigration international internet kitzhaber law legislature lgbt literary arts living marijuana marriage media medicine mental health military minor parties mohamed mohamud movies music native americans news newspaper obama olympics oregon our town parenting pers photography police politcs politics port portland portland business journal president prevention public safety religion republicans rnc romney rural salem sam adams sandy hook schools science shooting sports suicide supreme court taxes television terrorism theater third parties transportation union university of oregon washington wildfire womensee all tags >>
News Roundtable: March 14, 2013
AIR DATE: Thursday, March 14th 2013
This week, we're hosting a Thursday edition of news roundtable, our chance to review the big news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors and news watchers.
- Governor Kitzhaber signed a bill authorizing funding for the Columbia River Crossing
- D.C. deliberated over federal funding, as House Republicans release their budget
- The Republican Dorchester Conference took place and a new chair was named for the Democratic party — prompting questions about the futures of both parties in Oregon
What stories are you following this week?
- Jack Roberts: Executive Director of Lane Metro Partnership in Eugene
- Naseem Rakha: Journalist and author
- Steve Forrester: Editor and publisher of the Daily Astorian. President and CEO of EO Media Group