SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Seven Initiatives Qualify for Oregon's Ballot
Voters will see seven citizens' initiatives on the ballot in November, the Secretary of State's office confirms. They will include:
- Protect Our Homes: Would ban any new real estate transfer fees or taxes
- Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2012: Would legalize the sale of marijuana in Oregon
- Death Tax Phase-Out Act II: Would abolish the estate tax
- Protect Our Salmon Act 2012: Would ban commercial gillnetting on the Columbia River
- Protect Oregon's Priorities III: Would reallocate the corporate kicker to fund K-12 education
- Oregon Job Growth, Education and Communities Fund Act Part 1 and Part 2: Would establish a non-tribal casino in Wood Village
We'll check in with OPB News Salem Correspondent Chris Lehman on the latest on these initiatives, along with a look at what voters in Washington and Idaho can expect.