SHARE THIS SHOW:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
As the summer comes to a close, my mind has gone to the beach. To recognize this, and to continue to allow our producers and hosts a chance to work on special projects and series, this week we'll bring you a rebroadcast of our show about beachcombing.
You can read Emily's original post about collecting 100 whole sand dollars at the beach here. You can find updated information about SOLV's Great Oregon Fall Beach Cleanup (which is referenced in the show) here. You can post new comments about what you've found at the beach below. Or, like me, you can let your mind go to the coast: pull up a deck chair, sit back, relax, and listen as Bonnie Henderson, th author of Strand: An Odyssey of Pacific Ocean Debris, takes us on a trip along her favorite mile of the ocean.
And don't forget to tune in on Friday when we'll find out what happens at the coast when all the tourists prepare to leave!
- Bonnie Henderson: Journalist, author of Strand: An Odyssey of Pacific Ocean Debris
- Julia Parrish: Professor of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, founder of COASST, the Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team
- John Verberkmoes: Former captain of the fishing boat Sanak
- Charles Moore: Founder, Algalita Marine Research Foundation
Comments are now closed.