SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
- CD-1 Election Night Returns
- Unionizing University of Oregon
- Searching Electronic Devices Without a Warrant
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Survey Indicates a More Optimistic Oregon
Oregon Public Broadcasting and DHM Research conducted a survey (pdf) to find out how Oregonians feel about state spending and policy issues. Respondents were asked their opinions on a range of subjects, from how elected officials are doing, to how likely the legislature is to make progress during the 2012 session, and Oregonians assessed their own financial situation.
The results seem to be representative of the times. Few respondents were entirely upbeat, but the survey indicates that the mood of Oregonians has improved over the last few months. Researchers found people generally had a more positive take on the state of Oregon and their own finances, compared with their take several months ago.
How has your perspective on Oregon politics changed over the last several months? Do you feel more secure financially? What questions do you have about the policy survey?
- Su Midghall: Principle Manager at Davis, Hibbitts & Midghall, Inc.
- Kristian Foden-Vencil: Reporter for OPB News