SHARE THIS SHOW:
OTHER SEGMENTS THIS HOUR:
RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Rob Smith joins us for our regular business check-in. Here are some of the stories we'll dig into:
- The Portland Development Commission recently approved plans for a hotel at the Oregon Convention Center.
- A renovation and new buildings at Portland State University could transform the North Park Blocks area over the next decade.
- Governor Kitzhaber is getting some tax reform ideas from both labor and business groups.
- Oregon-based manufacturer Jeld-Wen's CFO resigned this week with no explanation and it looks like the company may be moving its headquarters from Klamath Falls to Charlotte, North Carolina.
How would a new hotel at the Convention Center affect you? What about development on the PSU campus? What would you tell the governor if he asked for your ideas on tax reform?
Update 9/19/12 3:30 pm: The Portland Business Journal subsequently reported that Jeld-Wen is not moving its headquarters to Charlotte, although the company says it is looking for some office space there.
Photo credit: OPB/John Rosman