RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
I've copied what the DMV websites says our money goes to if we opt to purchase certain license plates. It doesn't say if the state budget needs these monies, it can be moved to that account. I think the legislature has acutally made an illegal move by taking the cultural plate fees. Will it be paid back? Rep. Nolan said that it's more like a statement when we purchase these plates, if I wanted to make a statement I could buy a $1 sticker for my car.
- The $50 additional charge per two-year period for Custom Plates supports Oregon passenger rail programs.
- The additional $15 a plate fee per two-year period for Salmon plates is divided equally between the Governor's Watershed Enhancement Board, designed to restore salmon habitats and improve the health of streams that support the salmon population, and State Parks and Recreation Department Fund.
- The additional $10 per plate fee for Crater Lake plates goes to the Oregon Community Foundation for use on Crater Lake National Park projects.
- The additional $15 per plate fee for Cultural plates goes to the Trust for Cultural Development to fund specific arts, heritage and humanities programs.
- The additional fees for group plates go to the various organizations.
posted 4 years, 2 months ago
view in context