RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
I am now listening to your Think Out Loud show on Drunk Driving. Here are a few opinions I have about this subject matter:
* People handle alcohol differently. Some people have the switch that goes off at any given moment. Some people can drink all night and never seem drunk. I think there should there be different punishment judged on the basis of their coherency and reason for being pulled over.
* I think that cops, in my experience generally have an abuse of power and are always seeking for any reason to target you for fault. If you have had a drink and you are still under the legal alcohol limit but very close, they still will try to get anything out of you to get you into trouble. I think cops should be trained to be more reasonable in their convicitions.
* I also am glad for our punishment laws for those offenders who deserve them.
* Society needs to come up with better solutions for the matter such as providing more public transport, making more bike only lanes, and having more free services available for drunk driving transport.
posted 3 years, 8 months ago
view in context