RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Our tax structure is badly broken.
1. Use the kicker funds ONLY for a very strictly controlled rainy-day fund. Not just a drizzle or heavy mist, but a true downpour fund. A healthy reserve fund is good management.
2. Institute a sales tax and concurrently reduce income tax so we have some balance in the system. Visitors to the state can then contribute to management of our resources that they are using and we Oregonians do not pay the entire bill. People who buy a lot pay their share and people who buy less pay less - and that is a choice that individuals make for themselves.
3. We need to be realistic in maintaining our state government income in a stable situation that allows for better forward planning.
4. This is a wonderful state and we need to be prudent in how we maintain our infrastructure so that it continues to be a place we love and are comfortable living in.
Andrew Clark, Pendleton
posted 3 years, 3 months ago
view in context