RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
on Banning BPA
The bill by no means goes far enough to protect the public from the health issues associated with BPA exposure. This does not address products being ingested by children and adults. The ommission of the baby formula is a travesty of justice!! The FDAs addmission of concern is the epitomy of an understatement in order to give manufacturers time to transition to other alternatives and give the public ample oppotunity to clear the poison products from warehouses and shelfs.
Below are some of the health affects scentists are concerned about but FDA has been ignoring for decades. Please review and followup on ourstolenfuture.com to view any of the studies below. Thanks.
- Experiments with rats demonstrate that low level exposure to bisphenol A during fetal growth causes breast cancer in adults.
- · Perinatal exposure to extremely low levels of bisphenol A causes precancerous prostate lesions in rats.
- · Experiments with mice reveal that chronic adult exposure to bisphenol A causes insulin resistance. Insulin resistance in people leads to Type II diabetes and congestive heart failure.
- · Bisphenol A at extremely low levels causes changes in brain structure and behavior in rats.
- · German scientists measured bisphenol A in the blood of pregnant women, in umbilical blood at birth and in placental tissue. All samples examined contained BPA, at levels within the range shown to alter development.
- · BPA induces changes in mouse mammary tissue that resemble early stages of mouse and human breast cancer:
- · · Low level BPA exposure stimulates rapid reproduction of breast cancer cells. Watch it happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_cYZKksvI
posted 3 years, 3 months ago
view in context