RECENTLY ON TOL:
- A tumblr site dedicated to the people and places that make up Oregon and Southwest Washington.
· Will these "wave farms" limit access to Oregon beaches?
· Who pays for power line infrastructure? And, will it be earthquake/tsunami proof?
· Can the community tax wave-generated energy to support communities like timber money is for schools?
· Will these "wave farms" be located in the path of migratory whales or in areas of upwelling? What is effect?
· Will this affect animals that use sonar/magnetic location since the electricity is generated by using heavy magnets?
· What is the risk of electromagnetic "pollution" to fish species?
· Will revenue generated by sale of wavepower offset loss of fishing zones? How will it benefit the community?
posted 3 years, 11 months ago
view in context