Volunteering at OPB: Groups
- Why Should Your Group Volunteer for OPB?
Group volunteers play an integral role in OPB's success by answering phone calls from contributors to OPB during TV and Radio Membership Drives. When your group or organization volunteers for OPB, your group will:
- Build team spirit and have fun!
- Achieve visibility as a supporter of public broadcasting's programming and services.
- Receive on-air recognition for your volunteer commitment, potentially reaching 1.4 million viewers and listeners in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Each group will be acknowledged on-air at least twice during their volunteer shift.
- At this time, we are not accepting any new volunteer groups. If you'd like to be placed on a waiting list, please email email@example.com.
Members of a group, organization or business (and their friends and family) who are 16 years of age or older are invited to volunteer during OPB's Television and Radio Membership Drives.
- Television Membership Drives
- TV Membership Drives occur in September, December, March and June. Volunteer groups provide eight people. Your group will be sharing the set with another organization's volunteers. Volunteer shifts last three to five hours during weekday evenings, weekend days or weekend evenings. A typical evening shift is 7:00 to 11:15 p.m., though earlier shifts may be available.
- Note: The same volunteers must be present for the entire shift.
- Radio Membership Drives
- Radio Membership Drives occur in October, February and May. A minimum of five volunteers are needed per shift. Volunteer shifts last three hours and are available throughout the day from 6am to 7pm.
- Volunteer Call-out Program
- Anthro generated $3,385 in a single evening in December of 2011 by calling their friends and family members. Thank you, Anthro! Would your group like to participate? Find out how below.
- The Call-Out Program encourages Membership Drive volunteers to call their co-workers, family and friends to ask them to support OPB. Individuals and groups participate in this program and OPB recognizes the top 10 call out generators each year. Also, prizes are awarded during each shift to the volunteers who obtain call out pledges. For more information on the Call-Out Program contact 503.293.1939 or .
- This year's groups helped to raise over $21,500 in Call Outs!
- $3,385 Anthro Corp. Dec. 2011
- $720 Sage Feb. 2012
- $420 Young Musicians & Artists Mar. 2012
- $419 Umpqua Bank Mar. 2012
- $400 Humanists of Greater Portland Dec. 2011
- $321 Cedar Sinai Park Sep. 2011
- $280 Coldwell Banker Seal Oct. 2011
- $275 Clackamas Community College Theatre Arts Department Feb. 2012
- $220 Festival Chorale Oregon Mar. 2012
- $215 Indow Windows Feb. 2012